Industrial feeders for industrial food production equipment.
Food industry includes different businesses
- Ice cream basis and flavours for confectionary industry
- Pasta and bread production
- Rice and cereals processing
- Pet food (dry or wet) production
- Coffee blending
Commonly used basic ingredients are: flour, sugar, cocoa, starch and food additives.
Material handling, storage and feeding within food industry plants
The term food industry covers a series of industrial activities and food processing equipment such as the handling and storage
of raw ingredients, the mixing and dosing
processes, the food processing machinery feeding
(industrial feeders such as kneading machine, packaging machine, etc.).
In the food industry, the handling and storage of raw materials
and ingredients presents some challenges. For example, some food substances are hygroscopic, whilst others require ATEX regulation compliance
. Industrial food processing equipment
used must be designed to allow regular cleaning in order to avoid material accumulation. Moreover, custom food processing equipment must prevent food contamination
with potential allergens, specific cleaning treatments must be performed or, alternatively, separate facilities should be provided.
ATEX regulations and industrial feeding systems for the food industry
When it comes to ATEX regulations
, it’s important to consider that:
- some food substances have explosion hazards. In such cases, it’s important to use ATEX certified food industry machines combined with the use releasing / compartmentation / suppression devices.
- Hygroscopic materials require air treatment, such as dehumidification.
Besides powders, common raw materials in the food manufacturing are water, oil, food extracts and flavouring and other ingredients, such as dairy products and eggs, which require specific processing treatments, such as pasteurizing.
Contact us now and ask for more information about our extruder feeding systems for the plastics industry.